25 YEARS OF ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE!
Founded in 1991 and this year celebrating over 25 years of academic excellence, Pax College has established itself as one of the leading Private Tertiary Education Institutes in KwaZulu-Natal.
Our strong values and ideologies ensure that we stay focused and committed to providing formal tertiary education and training that produces professional, competent and confident graduates.
Our courses are structured not only to meet national and international standards but also to target specific industry needs. We aim to nurture our students’ intelligence and broaden their outlook on life, equipping them with the vital skills and qualifications needed to respond to the ever changing industry needs.
Pax College education solely revolves around the word “practicality”, and it is this practicality that will ensure a positive response from the industry in the form of a job reservation.
INTRODUCTION / OVERVIEW OF PAX COLLEGE:
PAX COLLEGE was established in 1991, with the mission to primarily provide tertiary education and training according to manpower and technological needs of industries. In pursuit of academic excellence, the main emphasis at the college is specific vocational preparation. Since inception, Pax College has offered various recognized qualifications in the IT, Business Studies, Tourism, Beauty and Hotel/Catering Fields.
Pax College’s aim has always been to nurture the learner’s intelligence and broaden their outlook on life for the competitive working world. Pax’s education solely revolves around practicality that will ensure response from industry in the form of job reservation. Our organizational goals which border on the success and marketability of our institutions programmes have found expression in the number of graduates that have secured placements in industry and the satisfactory feedback obtained even during experiential learning.
Pax College has therefore acquired a reputable, respected and recognized status as a private tertiary educational institution which has served the greater Durban area for 25 years. The Pax College mission statement is “to be a quality provider of repute in South Africa providing professional, competent and confident graduates that respond to industry needs and develop the Community in the Education Sector”. It is our institution’s fervent desire to contribute to a stable economy, investing in “Our People’s Future”.
At this time, when the need for education in South Africa at all levels is extremely pressing, it behooves those of us who are best qualified and most experienced in the field to show that we are willing and able to extend ourselves and to take up the challenge.
A BRIEF SUMMARY:
- Pax College provides its learners with not only the academic knowledge they require to successfully enter the workplace and/or to enhance their employability, but also instills in them values pertinent to their conduct in the workplace through our special emphasis on ethical practices and good governance.
- Management at Pax College are well-known public figures in their own right who set high behavioral standards, and take a personal interest in each of Pax’s learners.
- Pax College has previously trained large companies in the private sector such as Defy, EThekwini, Huletts, Mr. Price/Miladys Group, Transwerk, Garlickes and Bousfield Attorneys and many other corporates. Pax College is an accredited and registered institution who trains both school leavers and skilled employees.
- Pax College is a registered Institute for Private Further Education and Training with the Department of Higher Education and Training (2010/FE07/086), Accredited by Umalusi (FET00457PA), Isett Seta (ACC/2010/05/753), City and Guilds of London (843003), Department of Education examination centre for N3/N4/N5/N6 National Certificates and Diplomas (599995562) and has Memorandums of Understanding with other SETA entities.
- Pax College facilitates and administers the ADOPT A SCHOOL PROGRAMME, a non-profit project established in 2004, designed to encourage and enrich underprivileged school learners and community members with basic ICT Skills.
- Pax College holds a Level 3 BEE rating, with 100% Black Female ownership.
- Pax College is ZNT 30 and ZNT 31 registered (with both Provincial and Local government in KZN) as an education, training and development service provider.
Key Business Information:
Business Name: Pax Commercial College (Pty) Ltd.
Trading as: Pax College
Business Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Durban Branch: The Stamford, 28 Kent Road, 1st Floor – Management Offices & 2nd Floor College Faculties, Stamford Hill, Durban, 4001.
Telephone Numbers: 031 309 7954 / 2382
Cell Number: 073 873 1693
Fax Number: 0867155551
Industry: Private Tertiary Education
Why Choose Pax?
- Our campus has a safe, secure environment where students can really focus on their studies.
- We offer free tutorials for those who need extra assistance.
- Our lecturers are highly qualified, passionate and caring people who genuinely have the students’ interest at heart.
- We have exciting extra-curricular activities, such as annual balls, fashion shows, dramas, dances, to sports days and excursions.
- Our courses and syllabi which are structured to meet industry needs; ensure that our students are qualified to fulfill job market requirements.
- Specializes in specific fields for the working world.
- Our Flexi-time hours help students to adjust schedules to fit in with their individual needs, instead of the student having to adapt to the college’s schedule.
- We assist students who qualify with in-service training and job placement sat no extra cost.
- We are one of the very few Private Colleges in KZN that enjoy a professional and mutually beneficial relationship with the working industry, enabling our students to be placed in various positions in the private sector as well as governmental departments.
- Affordable fees with easy payment options.
- We are on the databases of some financial institutes, joining forces to assist students with study loans.